Building the home of your dreams is an exciting life decision. Of course, there’s a lot to learn if you have never done it before, but with the help of an experienced builder, the process can go quite smoothly.
If you’re thinking of building a new home in Arizona, one of the first steps is securing land. Doing so requires:
- Obtaining pre-approval for financing
- Performing due diligence to understand restrictions of land use
- Understanding lot restrictions, building restrictions, and the permitting process
- Getting your land surveyed and utilities connected to the site
- Completing site development tasks
And if you already own a lot, there’s still some work to do, including learning what you can and cannot do on the property and planning for the costs associated with preparing the site for construction.
To help you get started on your homebuilding journey, here are some tips for securing your own land in Arizona.Read More