Do you love house flipping shows on tv as much as we do? You know the ones. Brave investors buy old homes sight unseen, fix them up, and sell them for a profit that is more than many of us make in a year. Along the way there are lots of surprises that threaten to blow the budget: new plumbing is needed, foundation work needs to be done, or a new roof has to be installed.
It’s good tv to watch someone else teeter on the brink of financial collapse, but the reality of a buying an older home with “charm” is rarely as easy as it looks on tv. Whether you are buying a home for your family or buying real estate as an investment, unforeseen repairs can quickly blow your budget (not to mention your stress levels).
So perhaps it’s not at all surprising that we have seen a new trend in the Pacific Northwest: buyers and investors alike are turning to custom homes as a smart alternative to renovating an older home. And it makes sense.
- Custom homes are brand new with no surprises
- Custom homes features all new appliances so there is nothing to update
- Custom homes give you the benefits of choosing the right floor plan from the start (no walls to move or electrical to relocate)
- Custom homes can be built in any neighborhood you choose (location, location, location)
- Custom homes give you the freedom to choose the right flooring, cabinets, and finishes right from the start with no renovation costs
- Custom homes are more energy efficient than older homes for a lower cost of living
- Custom homes can be as budget-friendly, or as luxurious, as you want
What’s right for you? Visit a Sales Center today to speak with a Home Ownership Counselor. Whether you want to build a home for investment, for vacation, or for you to grow old in, we can help you design a home that’s the perfect fit.
Want to get started right away? Connect with us by Live Chat.