As realtors across the country will attest, the kitchen is one of the most important rooms in a home. And with good reason: It’s a room that you use multiple times a day, where family and friends gather, and where memories are made. No wonder homeowners are paying more attention to both the form and function of their kitchen than ever before.
This is certainly the case in the custom home market, where the only limitations are your imagination (and, of course, your budget). For those homeowners who truly love their kitchen and want to make it the dream room they’ve always wanted, a custom home is the way to go. And you won’t believe some of the incredible kitchen appliances and finishes that are available today.
Imagine adding some of these high-end custom home features to your new kitchen:
Today, many homeowners seek out gourmet kitchens, appliances like a double oven makes entertaining so much easier. Our buyers especially love having a double oven during the holidays, when turkeys, hams, pies, and sides are all vying for oven time.
Meanwhile, a restaurant-grade stove is ideal for homeowners who really love to cook and need high heat and extra burners. Many look for a dual-fuel, six-burner range, which accommodates plenty of pots and pans and just about every cooking technique.
Of course, cooking isn’t the sole focus of a kitchen. As the heart of the home, the kitchen is also a gathering place, where families and friends relax, chat, and have a drink. It’s understandable why many gourmet kitchens today also feature high-end appliances like wine refrigerators, warming drawers, and built-in gourmet coffee and espresso machines.
Beautiful, Functional Details
Kitchens are all about both form and function, so many homeowners want high-end details that not only look beautiful but also serve a purpose. These include:
- Farm sinks. Spacious and stylish, these offer a classic look and are much more practical than the old divided sinks.
- Granite or quartz counters. These options provide the beauty of natural stone with incredible durability.
- Kitchen islands. In fact, some homeowners are installing two islands so that they can keep prep work, cooking, and eating areas separate.
- Pendant lighting. These beautiful fixtures provide additional lighting for cooking and prep areas.
- Skylights. A perfect way to brighten up your kitchen with natural light, which is both attractive and functional.
No gourmet kitchen is complete without those innovative gadgets and ideas that make everyday life easier. Here are some that are becoming must-haves in our custom homes:
- Pot fillers. This strategically placed stovetop faucet makes it easier than ever to fill up heavy pots without hauling them across the room.
- Multipurpose sinks. Dual sinks are becoming more popular for serious cooks who need one for prep work and the other for clean-up.
- Smarter storage. Many homeowners are going beyond the basic cabinetry to incorporate innovative storage that is easier to access and better organized. This includes special spice drawers, pantry cabinets that pull out horizontally, and hanging pot organizers.
Ready to learn more about the custom homebuilding process? Visit our Home Design guide to discover how to make your dream kitchen a reality.